Friday, March 15, 2019

[As Seen on TV] FabFitFun Spring 2019

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only." - Coco Chanel


I love FabFitFun. I joined the quarterly subscription box service almost two years ago. It was summer 2017 and after seeing the boxes everywhere, I had to join in. I never turned back and have been consistently happy. 

The box costs $50 a quarter or $180 annually (a savings of $20). I'm a quarterly member. I never bump up because I always thing, well - what if you want to cancel at some point, but I haven't had that thought yet so who knows. You can customize some portions of the box with an either or selection process with some of it being left a mystery. Every box's worth sits well above the $50 you pay. You can also choose to do add-ons for discounted prices as well. This month was my first month doing add-ons. This is the first time I've done add-ons so I'm excited to share my thoughts on all of this with you.

Let's get right into it!


The full box came with eight things. There were three things that were automatically included for everyone, three things that were customizable by everyone and two extra things that were customizable by those with annual memberships. Those without annual memberships still got a random selection of the two extra things. All the boxes come with the seasonal FabFitFun magazine and usually with a coupon for Hello Fresh (which I always toss out). The magazine is actually super helpful. It shows you what all the selections were, how to use yours, a note from the Editor, and a lot of other awesome information - including interviews and coupons!

Here's what was in my box:

  • Show Me Your Mumu Brie Robe $84 - This was one of my selections. It is suuuuper soft and cool. I wear a size 12 dress and this fits me very comfortably and goes down almost to my knees (I'm 5'5"). This robe is perfect to lounge in, throw on to do your hair and/or makeup, and it's a great gift too. Not sure how many of you would give your friends gifts in the price range but it is a popular bridesmaid gift.
  • Sip by S'well $20 - This was not one of my selections but I was hoping I'd get this one. I love a good stainless steel water bottle. Easy to throw in your bag for the day, gym, whatever. Not sure I love the bumblebees but that's ok!
  • RandCo Acid Wash $32 - Yeahhh, so I guess I kind of selected this in the sense that there was a category with two items and a mystery selection. I chose to be surprised with this one. Last time I got an Apple Cider Vinegar wash I didn't like it at all and gave it to my friend, who loved it. I'm not sure if I'll keep this one or not.
  • Tula Purifying Face Cleanser $28 - This is another one that was an annual member selection so I didn't get to select it. I am excited about this one. I love a good cleanser and have heard good things about Tula. I haven't tried this yet, I have a few others to work through first.
  • Ouai Leave in Conditioner $26 - This came in everyone's box. I looove Ouai products. I have purchased their wave spray about three times now and have received another one or two Ouai products - I've been pleased with all of them. I'll be trying this one soon.
  • Manna Kadar Champagne Body Scrub $24 - This came in everyone's box and I'm excited to try it. I've only opened peeled back the sealant so far and I will say that the smell is strong. It definitely smells like champagne, so they didn't lie with that one. I do like a good body scrub to help with dead skin, especially in winter. The scrub is a full sized, more than one pound, tub - so it'll definitely take me a while to go through.
  • Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More More No More Baggage Eye De-Puffing Gel $42 - Whew that was a mouthful to type out. I don't always get puffy but when I do, I feel like my puffs are gigantic, so I'll be excited to try this one. I've heard great things about Dr. Brandt but because it is a higher priced line, I've never bought from it.
  • Quay Australia Vivienne in Black/Smoke $60 - I selected this and I was so excited to get it. I have friends who have so many Quay sunglasses but I've never purchased my own pair. Quay is hugely popular on the music festival circuits and has done countless collaborations with various celebrities and influencers including Khloe Kardashian, Jaclyn Hill, Desi Perkins, Kylie Jenner, and more. They actually had two different Quay glasses selections but I decided on the large aviators. I am a huge aviator girl. My dad is a retired commercial pilot and he was the epitome of cool pilot wearing Ray-Bans, so I guess I picked up after him.
Paid: $50 - Value: $316

Overall, I love this box. The one thing I'm not sure about is the acid wash cleansing rinse for my hair. Let me give you guys a pro tip that I've shared with a bunch of friends that they've decided to do as well. I started a basket of things I don't love. I don't want to pile up clutter in my home so I started a giving basket. Need a gift for someone? Grab a thing or two from your giving basket and you're good to go! Not only is this how I feel good about not wasting things or letting them just get lost and unused in my house, but it also helps SO much when it comes to birthdays and holidays.


To my add-ons. These are items that are discounted from their full price exclusive for FabFitFun members. 


Paid: $5 - Retail: $9
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I am wearing a shirt and look down and all of a sudden there's a stain. How it got there, I have no idea. How long it's been there, I have no idea. I'm hoping Nellie's helps with getting the stains out!

Paid: $11 - Retail: $35
I love Murad products. I'm using the blue acne line right now and it's been awesome. I guess I got suckered in with this one with the pink and pomegranate, ha. I'll let you all know how it goes with this!

Paid: $19 - Retail: $38
Remember how I said I love a good face cleanser? Yep, well here's another one. I have a cleaner that I keep at my sink for my nightly skincare routine. I have started using this one in the shower. The one I did have in the shower before made my skin instantly feel dry and kept getting dry throughout the rest of my shower. This one is smooth, leaves my skin soft, and there is no drying feeling.

Paid: $19 - Retail: $29
I love hairsprays just as much as I love face cleansers. Is that weird? I prefer flex hairsprays on most days, especially when my hair is not curled or meant to super stick in place. It leaves my hair still feeling bouncy without letting frizzies fly everywhere.

Paid: $29 - Retail: $110
I've been needing new makeup brushes. I'm guessing a lot of us are guilty of letting our brushes go too long without washing or replacing. This seemed like such a steal so I had to go for it. I did research them prior to. They're synthetic brushes and boy are they soft. I haven't used them yet because honestly, I haven't even been wearing makeup lately, but I will this weekend.

Paid: $30 - Retail: 50
I'd been wanting a good chip and dip serving bowl set. This one was adorable, which is important to me when hosting guests. It's made out of melamine so if it falls or gets bumped, it's not going to break and it's dishwasher safe! I also like that the dip cup actually locks in to the center of the plate, so that's not going to slide around when people are dipping which is awesome, if I must say.

I'm super happy with my add-on purchases so far, especially with it being my first time. I'll share any updates about the products on my IG @tbdtina if I think they're important for you all to know. Who else is a FabFitFun member? I would love to hear how/what everyone else picks in their boxes so if you want to share, make sure to leave a comment!


Until next time,

PS - If you are interested in getting your own FabFitFun box you can click this link to get $10 off your first box. I will get $15 in credit for everyone that signs up, but I want to note that anyone that is signed up also gets their own referral link. 

I do not get anything for free, I don't have any connection with them besides me making my selections and paying myself. I feel super silly even mentioning this considering I just brought my blog back to life basically yesterday but it's important to mention since there are a lot of people that are sponsored and/or partnered.

No comments :

Post a Comment