Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Super Bowl Menu


Hello All! In two short weeks Super Bowl XLVIII will be among us. Incase you don't know me too well, I am a huge NFL fan. (I specify NFL because I don't watch college football, sorry!) If I am not rooting for my team, the Washington Redskins, I am rooting for Peyton Manning. I think he is amazing and I am thrilled to see him make it to the Super Bowl this year!

Now I'm so glad I have a reason to host a party. So what's going to be on the menu? Oh, that's the beauty of the big game being two weeks away, I still have time to decide! I had a list of like a thousand things I would like to make but with that being unrealistic to actually do, I narrowed it down. Here are some awesome Super Bowl/big sporting event food ideas that I'd like to share with you:

Dips
Skinny Taco Dip from myself, ha - Not to toot my own horn but this stuff is addicting! This pairs very well with Tostitos Fajita Scoops.

5 Layer Greek Dip from The Lovely Cupboard - I have made this a few times and got a great response, plus I love it so that's pretty much a big deal. For this I recommend picking up a bag of Stacy's Pita Chips.

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip from Tammilee Tips - I have been eyeing this dip for SO long and I finally get to make it. It also makes me happy that I finally have a Crock Pot to actually make things in.

Appetizers/Main Dishes
Baked Buffalo Wings by Tastes Really Good - How can you have a Super Bowl party and not have wings?! Exactly. Here you go!

Greek Nachos by Not Without Salt - Mmm, I love anything Greek/Mediterranean. 

Buffalo Turkey Balls by I Breathe.. I'm Hungry - Do we notice a trend here? Chances are it's either buffalo or Mediterranean. 

Pigs in a Blanket by 2010 Food Project - These are so simple to make there's no reason not to have them on your menu
Jalapeño Popper Pigs in a Blanket by The Girl Who Ate Everything - Here's a way to spice up some pigs in a blanket. 

Potato Nachos by Priscilla Bakes - These look so good. If you throw in some ground beef, it could definitely be made into a main dish. I mean, of course you'd need like 10 of them but still.


Dessert
Strawberry Brownie Kabob by Erica's Sweet Tooth - Seriously? Yum! So simple and easy. An easy step for this one is rather than making the brownies yourself, you can buy the brownie bites from Costo and they will work perfectly.

Rainbow Krispy Bars by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen - This is a treat that everyone will love. Well, anyone with working taste buds.


Other
A few other things you could make that I don't have pictures of are (obviously) some football themed cupcakes and cookies that will be near every aisle of the grocery store. Also, a trip to Costco is always good; mozzarella sticks, quiche/appetizers box and soft pretzels. And don't forget your veggie and fruit platters!
Delish!

Overall, I know I have a serious issue with going overboard. I love having a reason to entertain and cooking. Unfortunately, I don't have my own house and I can't spend a ton of money on food and party supplies. I really want to make this year super fun and I can't wait to tell you all, all about it. It'll be interesting to see what I actually end up cooking!

Until next time,


No comments :

Post a Comment