Monday, August 22, 2016

New York, New York

“One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.” - Tom Wolfe

the bride with me creepin behind in the backseat.

One of my very dearest friends, Vikkie, is getting married in two weeks. For her bachlorette party we decided to do a weekend in New York City and boy was it amazing. I'm one of those people who wholeheartedly loves NYC. I truly believe I belong there so when I step foot on city grounds, I'm happy as can be. 

We didn't do anything over the top but we still had an amazing time!

Friday: Drove from DC to NYC and of course, sang the entire way up. We relaxed  once we got there because we knew it was going to be our one "crazy" night. We sipped mimosas, took forever getting ready, and just chatted before heading out. The night held dinner and drinking, Distorted Diznee, and karaoke. This was my first time doing karaoke and it was a lot more fun than I thought. I guess the liquid courage really helps.


I do want to take a minute to tell you about Distorted Diznee. Oh, my, gosh was it the most hysterical thing I'd seen in a long time. Four drag queens dressed up as Disney Princesses singing Disney mixed with modern day songs. If you're up in New York, you need to see these queens. Their shows rotate and they're actually almost done with Diznee but they do have others that seem like they'll be just as fun: Valentines, Broadway, Halloween, and Kristmess. I was planning on going up in December anyway so I'll definitely be adding this show to my to-do list. I will say as a warning that this is not kid friendly.


Saturday: Brunch at this adorable diner that was also very good. Roaming the city and Central Park. Everytime I go to NYC, I go to Central Park but have never explored it the way I should. We went through the entire park and had so much fun. Walking through certain parts all I could think of was, "Whoa. This is where Something Borrowed was filmed and same with Big Daddy, and pretty much every other movie ever!" I know, cheesy and don't ask why I thought of those two specific movies, but oh well. Later in the day I took my friend, the bride, to get a blowout from Drybar. For dinner we went to Agave a Mexican restaurant and tequila bar. After we went to Marie's Crisis Piano Bar for a bit and had a blast. Saturday is Showtunes so of course my friends and I loved it.

the beautiful bride - second from the left.

the only group shot we got and it's perfect!

Sunday: Starbucks and a drive home. Although we did stop at White Castle. I've never been and had only seen it in Harold & Kumar. We all wanted to make a pitstop so we did. More of a fun experience than for good food.

we weren't high but Harold & Kumar did inspire us.

Overall it was a super fun weekend and I'm glad Vikkie got to enjoy it with her favorite and best gals. I can't wait for my next trip up, I'm hoping for December. Until then, I'll leave you with this wonderful reminder, "a bad day in New York City is still better than a good day anywhere else."



No comments :

Post a Comment