Sunday, December 1, 2013

Favorite Christmas Movies

Hello, hello! I know it's been a bit long since my last post so I'll just admit it, I have been really side tracked with Thanksgiving and a few other things going on. But now that it's officially December (Hello, December!) it's okay to go all crazy with the holiday/Christmas decorations and moods. 

The first thing I always do to officially kick off my holiday season is to watch some Christmas movies. There are about 4 movies that I watch religiously during the holidays (meaning I watch them at least 5 times each season and throughout the year) but there are many others that I also like. Today I want to share some of my favorite holiday movies with you!

Home Alone - 1990
Because, well, who doesn't? 

Home Alone 2, Lost in NY - 1992
I definitely love Lost in NY more than the first. Mainly because I love NY and the scenery is just so beautiful but also because the bird lady touches me more than the old man from the first. 

Home Alone 3 - 1997
Yes, I actually really like Home Alone 3. I think Alex Linz is just adorable and I liked him in One Fine Day too. Plus, I really like the four different villains. And some random Home Alone trivia for you: Scarlett Johansson is the big sister (a lot of people still don't know that!) and this is the only Home Alone to be set after Christmas. 

Jingle All the Way - 1996
I LOVE Jingle All the Way. I seriously watch this movie at least 10 times throughout the year (not Holiday season). It really surprises me that so many people haven't seen this movie. What is wrong with them?! 

The Santa Clause - 1994
The Santa Clause is awesome, just plain awesome. I think the first is really good and the others, not so much. I mean, they're good and I'll watch them but they're nothing compared to the first.

Elf - 2003
OK, yes, Elf is good. It's a good movie and provides good laughs but I am not addicted to it like so many others are. I don't have every line memorized and I don't watch it a million times a year but it is still one of my top holiday movies. Am I weird?

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - 1989
"I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery." -- I'm never in misery at Christmas but if you are, I suggest you watch Christmas Vacation. It's not exactly a family movie but boy, is it hilarious!

It's a Wonderful Life - 1946
A true classic. Also, the first play I ever did was It's a Wonderful Life. It is one of the best memories I have, I met a lot of wonderful people and it's an amazing play/movie/story. 

What are your favorite holiday movies? Did I miss anything that you think I'm absolutely crazy for leaving off? You know what I did leave off.. my love for Lifetime & Hallmark Christmas movies. Yes, I record as many as I can, I have marathons and I love every minute of them.

I hope you all have a fabulous week! And now that it's December, I have a feeling I'll be posting a lot more. Talk to you all soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment