Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Treats & My Goodbye to Falcons

Hello! Wow, it's been a while since I've posted a real post. A lot has happened in the past few weeks and I decided to wait because I didn't want to jinx anything. 

So, here it is: I got a new job! It's been 11 months since I graduated and had such a hard time finding a job in my field (Public Relations). It took me a while to really understand that a lot (a majority) of people don't find a job right when they graduate. I spent this year really getting to know myself and to fully realize what I want to do in life. I am so happy to finally have been selected for a wonderful opportunity. I don't want to go on and on about it (which I could) but I am beyond excited! 

Yesterday was my last day at Falcons Landing and it was kind of tough. I have been there through half of HS, all through college and until now. They are the most supportive people ever. The employees and residents are just so amazing. I have decided to stay there part time but I hope I'll actually get to come back enough!

But to lighten the mood on my last day, they also did their annual Christmas tree lighting. 
A bunch of the residents came down for the lighting. Everyone sang Christmas carols, drank hot cocoa and ate some cookies.

It was so fun and so beautiful. I love all the decorations that Falcons puts out.

So, in honor of the holidays and me leaving, I decided to bring in some treats as a sweet farewell. 

Peppermint Bark
Items Needed:
Baking Sheet
Spatula
Parchment Paper
2 Bowls (Or you can use one and wash it in between chocolates)
Butcher knife
Cutting board
Baking Items:
(You can use different chocolates such as Ghirardelli, Nestle, Wiltons, etc -- The ones I'm listing are what I used)
3 bags of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
2 bags of Wilton's Candy Melts - Candy Cane Colorburst
1 bag of Wilton's Candy Melts - White
10-12 Candycanes
Directions:
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Pour one bag of milk chocolate in bowl, microwave for about 1 minute (it will not be fully melted) and stir. It will melt more as you stir. Pour second bag of milk chocolate in the bowl, microwave for about 20 seconds and stir again. Continue until all bags of chocolate are fully melted.
3. Pour milk chocolate on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Place on a flat surface in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until hardened. 
4. (While the first layer is hardening) Place unwrapped candycanes in a freezer bag (I say freezer because the bag is thicker) and crush the candycanes into small pieces.
5. Following the same melting process for the milk chocolate, start with one Candy Cane, then the white and finish with the second Candy Cane.
6. Pour and spread the top layer on top of the milk chocolate, spreading evenly on top.
7. Sprinkle the crushed candycanes on top of the wet top layer.
8. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes for the top to harden.
9. Once all hardened, remove from wax paper and place on cutting board. Cut into pieces!
10. Enjoy!




Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
Items Needed:
Baking Sheet
Spatula
Bowl

Ingredients:
1 bag of Nestle White Chocolate Chips
1 bag of Snyder's Pretzel Rods
Sprinkles
Candycanes

Directions:
1. Linke baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Pour bag of chocolate in a bowl, melt for about 45 seconds and stir.
3. Dip pretzel rod in chocolate, about halfway
4. Sprinkle sprinkles (hehe) or crushed candycanes on top
5. Lay on parchment paper lined baking sheet to harden
6. Continue until you're out of pretzels or chocolate
7. Enjoy!

I got way too excited and bagged them up even taking photos. I'm sorry there aren't better photos. I'm also happy to say that I have a few posts prepped, I just need to set them up and I promise I won't disappear more. Unless I just get so wrapped up in my new job that I can't post anymore. ;) I tease. I have a lot of plans! I hope you all have a wonderful December and holiday season. I'll talk to you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment