Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mexican Fajita Dinner

Hi! I hope you all have been having a good few days, or week since my last post. Or was it even longer? I'm losing track. The holidays really do throw everything off. This Sunday we (in the Northern Virginia area) got a pretty nice snow storm. Pretty much everything was closed yesterday and today.

So what's there to do while snowed in? Cook! I did lots of cooking these past few days and I loved it. I love to cook! Tonight I'm going to share two new recipes that I found with you. Actually, my friend Autumn found the recipes, so I won't take credit for that. We also did not actually cook these during the snow storm, we actually cooked it last week. I mean, that's ok, right?

Well, here we go. 

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients


  • 2.5 - 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 4 tsp chili powder
  • 4 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/2 package of taco seasoning
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 3/4 medium onion
  • 1 large green pepper
  • 1 large red pepper

Extra Ingredients

  • Large Flour Tortillas
  • Sour Cream
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Guacamole
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, cut chicken, onion and both peppers into strips. 
  2. In a large bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper and taco seasoning. Add chicken, onions and peppers and toss to mix and coat.
  3. Once everything is seasoned, add tomatoes and toss.
  4. Place everything in a 15x10 baking dish.
  5. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and vegetables are tender. 
  6. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings. 


Skinny Taco Dip


Ingredients
  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa
  • 1/2 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
  • 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives


Directions
  1. In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well.
  2. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish (I used a 13x9 baking pan).
  3. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives.



We ate ours with Tostitos Scoops! Fajita Flavored Tortilla Chips and it was amazing. This dip is SO good it’s ridiculous and the chips are realllllllly good too. And let me tell you, as soon as you try this dip, your mouth will be in heaven.

I think next time I will be adding in ground chicken (or turkey), adding more (a lot more) lettuce and making it into a salad. Clearly I won't eat the whole entire bowl, I'll just portion it.

On a side note, I officially have proof that someone has made one of my recipes! My boyfriend's cousin (who is also my friend) and his wonderful fiancĂ© sent me a picture the other day of their version of my Greek Inspired Dinner and said, "Thanks for the recipe!" I was SO excited! -- Thanks for reading my blog and trying one of my recipes guys!

I hope you all have been trying my recipes too and are enjoying them. I know I'll have to write more about non-food related stuff and don't worry, I will. Enjoy the rest of your week everyone. Talk to you all soon!

1 comment :

  1. Wow it looks so DELISH :) I hope you had a great weekend dear.

    Check out my new post....a delish recipy you MUST try :)

    Have a fab week

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - inredning it's, Swedish for decor :)

    ReplyDelete