Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Birthday! -- The Boyfriend Basket

Why hello there! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. Especially today, WELCOME BACK FOOTBALL! Anyway, I was not expecting to get so sidetracked last week. I only ended up writing one post and now I'm making up for it. I sit and write this as I sit on the couch enjoying some football.

My boyfriend's birthday is on Tuesday but we celebrated this weekend. I gave him all of his gifts when he got home from work on Friday. I set up all his gifts on a side table and put it in front of the stairs so that when he came downstairs, he would see them all.


The tall bag had his new Alfred Morris, Redskins jersey and the wide bag had a watch case that I ordered off Amazon. I am seriously paranoid about ordering things offline but I went for it and was very happy with the product.


Now to the fun gift. I LOVE putting together gift baskets, I love wrapping presents and making things look pretty with bows, paper and anything else I could find. Oh gosh, I'll love doing my gift wrapping post once Christmas rolls around. But back to the "Boyfriend Basket." I put together some of his favorite things and put them together.


I got the basket for $2.99 from Target. I got it specifically so we could use it to organize his bathroom. Starting from left to right, these are the basket contents.

Goodies:
- 2 tins of Pringles
- 3 Kit Kats (2 regular and 1 white chocolate)
- Twix
- Ferrero Rocher
- Trident Cinnamon Gum

Minis:
- Ciroc
- Black Label
- Patron
- Bombay Sapphire

Bath & Skin Care:
- Bleu de Chanel 3.4 oz
- 2 Allure Home Sport Samples
- Bath & Body Works Noir body wash
- Neutrogena Men's Skin Cleaing Acne Wash
- C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream from Bath & Body Works

I obviously got the goodies and minis because they are his favorites. As far as the skin care goes, he never payed much attention to it (like most men) until we started dating. Most of the products, I have gotten him before and he luckily ran out of them just in time! The C.O Bigelow Shave Cream is a first. He has a thick beard that he likes to keep perfectly groomed so I thought he might like it because it would form into a thick lather to help with his shave. Well, he didn't like it after trying it, so luckily it was just a small one. And the cologne samples were given to me when I bought his Bleu de Chanel refill. 

I got the basket filling from Hallmark. I will reuse the filling for a future basket, just like I do with tissue paper and bows that I get. I was very happy with how it turned out.



If you would like to make a basket for your man there are always many different things you could put inside. Gift cards, Bath & Body Works air fresheners (they have a few manly smells, which are awesome) and any of their manly minis, socks, boxers, headphones, etc. You can also go to any department store and ask for samples of cologne and skin care for men and they will give you a ton! Another thing you can do is make a themed basket like movies ($5 DVD's, candy, popcorn, soda), BBQ basket (bbq tools, seasoning, peanuts, beer), and so many other man themed baskets.

Have you ever made a gift basket for your man? What did you put in it? Did your man enjoy it? I know mine did!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Talk to you all soon!

6 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I can't wait until the holidays to make many more. :)

      Delete
  2. Haven't made one for the husband but plan on doing a nail art one for my sister for christmas, such great gift ideas!
    www.munchedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely great gift ideas! I also made a small nail gift for my good friend's little sister, she loved it. :)

      Delete
  3. There's some great ideas in that basket! I always have a hard time shopping for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree, it is hard. Men always say they're easy but that's so not true.

      Delete