Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wallet Damage, Labor Day Shopping!

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend and you're all having a good week. I've been super busy since the Labor Day weekend, but I still wanted to give an update on what I did.
The weather was beautiful here this weekend. We enjoyed driving with the windows down and the wind in our hair. It was awesome! What was also awesome (but not-so-awesome for my wallet) was all the shopping I did. It seemed that about every store had a 40% off sale, and I had coupons for most of them! I just want to share some of the things I got and the deals that went along with them. 
1. Abercrombie Cass Sweater - I found this sweater one night when I was actually doing some online browsing and came across it on the A&F website. It looked so cozy and soft but there was no way I was going to pay $68 for it. About two days later I got a text from their text club that everything was 40% off until Labor Day. I also knew they were doing this promotion where you could either win free jeans or a gift card by texting in a code they gave you. My boyfriend (side note: three weekends ago he won free jeans and gave them to me!) and I both got $10 gift cards. So when I tried on the sweater and fell in love.. I knew I was definitely getting it. In addition to the 40% off, I also got $20 off. a $68 sweater for $23? OF COURSE.
2. Sperry Bahama Crib Boat Shoe - Aren't these just SO cute?! They are obviously not for me, but for my expecting cousin. Her baby shower is in two weeks and when I saw these, I melted a little. I just pictured cute baby feet in these adorable boat shoes. These weren't on sale but I was going to get them anyway. The manager, who was the one helping me, gave me 10% off "just because". Hey, I won't complain!
3. Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + - I got this because I was talking to my (beauty expert) cousin and she told me to try this because it helps control oil throughout the day. And since my t-zone can be super oily and I was in the hunt for a new foundation, I figured I'd give it a go. The best part was, it was one of my Color IQ matches and I already knew what shade I needed. This was definitely not on sale but that's okay. Good, quality beauty products are always worth the pay.
4. Clarisonic Mia 2 - YAY. I can not even begin to say how happy I am I finally got this! I have heard so many good things about it and told myself to put money aside and get it. I did get a $50 discount. I won't say how, but I did. I will be writing a full post on the Clarisonic, so stay tuned!
5. Bath & Body Works Leaves Room Perfume - Mmm, the smell of Fall is in the air. Literally! I actually got this because I walked into a friends house and said, "What's that smell?! I love it!" And since I'm obsessed with Fall, I got it. I got it for my car but let me warn you, spray it before getting out of the car. The initial smell is SO strong! Also, spray it into the seats so it sticks. Bath & Body Works, usually, always has a buy two for $10 deal. Also, most of their receipts have one of those survey links that gives you 20% off if you do it.  
6. Aerie Comfiest Hoodie - Boy, was the name of this hoodie right, it is really comfortable. I love a good hoodie. I love being able to throw on some yoga pants, a hoodie and Uggs and be able to run some errands. American Eagle was having a 40% off sale and I had a 20% off coupon to add on top of that. 

In addition to all of the stuff I talked about, I also did buy four tops from Express. They also had a 40% off sale. Two of the tops I bought, my boyfriend got for me. Overall, I'd say that even though I did some serious damage to my wallet, I did good with the sales. Did you do any shopping this past weekend? How much damage did you do?

Have a great rest of the week. The weekend is almost here!

No comments :

Post a Comment