Tuesday, September 17, 2013

BabyQ - Bun in the Oven & Burgers on the Grill

This past weekend I was lucky enough to make it down to Charlotte for my cousin's baby shower. I was in her wedding in 2011 and now I'm so happy that her and her awesome husband are expecting a little girl!

The baby shower took place at my other cousins house and was co-ed. This was the totally adorable invite.

Usually my cousin makes her own invites (she even made her sister's wedding invitations) but she was just too busy. She purchased this invite off of Etsy from Silver Line Design Team after seeing it on Pinterest.

My flight to Charlotte was at 5:30 am and immediately got to running errands with my cousin and setting up for the shower on Saturday. It was also my first time seeing my cousin's new house and I fell in love with it. Everything matched so perfectly and the theme of the baby shower fit in so well. I made sure to take pictures before all the guests came in and destroyed everything. 

My cousin made the bench, which you can't even see, and the mantel herself. We actually put up the mantel on Friday night.

We really wanted to keep things super simple and not have everything scream "BABY!"



My cousin also made her dining room table herself. Awesome, right?

Besides the cake, ALL the food was baby sized. My aunt did all the cooking and I have no idea how she had the patience to make everything so miniature. But it was all soo good!

We made homemade Sparkling Pink Lemonade as our choice drink. We obviously also had sodas, beer and wine. We took mason jars and tied pink ribbon around them with a blank tag for guests to put their names on.

The homemade Pink Lemonade was so good. The Pink Lemonade was so easy to make. Water, sugar, lemon, strawberries and seltzer. It was all made to taste so there were no real measurements.
And aren't those straws just so cute?

We had a little candy bar as part of the favors for coming to the baby shower. We even had custom M&Ms! 


Our main favor was homemade "Strawberry Honey Jam" My cousin was up LATE on Friday making the jam. Unfortunately, we had a mishap where some of it overflowed while cooking and got all over. But that's okay, the rest of it ended up great.

"Thank you 'berry' much for celebrating with us! Please take a Strawberry Honey Jam to go."

The whole weekend was a blast getting to see my family. I don't get to see my family that often, so I was very happy!


Nothing is better than seeing family. I am totally okay with being overly exhausted because every minute of the weekend was worth it!

No comments :

Post a Comment