Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mini Sephora Shopping Spree

I know I haven't written in a while but I have been crazy busy lately. Hopefully something good will come from all of it and then I will be able to share some good news. I've also been waiting a bit because I have done a ton of online shopping lately and I wanted to make sure I had everything in before I posted. 

Ever since I became a Sephora Beauty Insider (it's their system to track purchases, gain points, get free stuff, etc) I have seriously spent way too much money. I love the gift sets that come out during the holiday seasons and made sure to go through almost the entire Sephora website. I only told myself to buy one and I actually succeeded. My purchase included Too Faced - All I Want for Christmas gift set and Philosophy Purity (which I use religiously with my Clarisonic) and Holly Jolly Nourishment sample (free with purchase) and three samples (which they always do - except they sent me an extra one). 

I used to hate online shopping and for the most part, I still do. I will not buy clothes online unless I know my size for a fact. Beauty products, eh, I'll buy things every now and then. I guess I was in a serious mood this time. So since I didn't get to see anything before I bought it, I'll show you how they turned out.

When I first went to the Sephora website I had already had this set in mind after hearing about it on YouTube somewhere. After seeing what was available at the time, I really liked this one and what it gave.

This is what it came with
- Exclusive Blush/Eye Shadow Trio Compact -- I love the blush. I wish it a) had a name and b) could be bought individually. The eyeshadows are good too but I haven't used them that much yet. I don't normally wear eyeshadow during the workweek. 
- La Crème Lip Cream in Believe -- This I also really like. The shade of this lipstick really works with my skin and gives me just enough color on the lips.
- Perfect Eyes Eye Liner in Perfect Black -- Yup, I liked this one too. I'm actually almost out of it already. However, I do not think I will be buying a full size because even then it is really small and not worth $18.
- Lash Injection Mascara -- I haven't even used this one yet. I have enough mascaras right now so I'm keeping it on the side until I need more.
- Shadow Insurance -- This stuff works. I had definitely heard good things about it before I even got this so I'm glad it came in the kit.
- Cosmetic Pouch -- Isn't it just so cute with the teal and gold? It's currently in my purse as one of my organizing pouches.

Overall, I am very happy with this kit. I think everything that came in it is worth it and for $45, it's a great price. This is a great option for a gift for one of your friends, sisters, cousins, whoever!

This came free with purchase because I spent more than $25. I was able to choose between four options and I'm glad I chose this one because it is now out of stock.

This was set to come with:
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
- Clean Original Eau de Parfum
- Origins Plantscription
- Living Proof Nourshing Styling Cream
- Urban Decay B6 Complexion Prep Spray
- Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm
- Peter Thomas Roth Oillness Oil
- Buxom Lash Mascara
- Makeup Bag

It came with all except the Peter Roth Oillness Oil. Instead it came with Living Proof Prime Style Extender. Am I upset about this? Not really, I think it would have been good either way.

I'm currently using the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment and the Buxom Lash Mascara. I absolutely love the Fresh Lip Treatment options but the prices of them are quiet high. Luckily I got two sample sizes for my birthday and this one, so I should be good for a while. I decided to use the Buxom Lash Mascara instead of the Too Faced one because as soon as I saw the brush, I fell in love. It is great for the type of lashes I have. I already have really long and really black lashes so what I really needed was something to separate the lashes and too many mascaras just clump them. Buxom has been perfect!

I can't wait to try the other samples, especially the Living Proof products. I'm also almost, very tempted to buy some more things and try out one of the other free sample bags.

As far as the four perfume samples go, two were men and two were women. I haven't tried the women's one yet but my boyfriend did try his. He liked the YSL L'Homme Libre, which I'm not surprised about because he LOVES the regular YSL L'Homme. The Burberry Brit Rhythm ended up in the trash right away, he was not a fan.

I'm almost tempted to say that I'm too happy with this Sephora Purchase. Not only was everything awesome but the package arrived in three days, THREE! Can I just go buy more stuff now?

Something else I'd like to tell you about, my Clarisonic online purchase. When I first bought my Clarisonic, I got a coupon saying that my first online order over $50 would be 50% off. It's been almost three months since I got it so I decided to buy a twin pack of replacement heads and a travel bag. I was also very happy that the package arrived so quick, three days. But hey, it wasn't what I ordered. It was a new charger. I called them and spoke to a nice lady who said they would email me a return label for what I was sent and a confirmation and tracking code for what I originally ordered. She also apologized for the mistake and put a 20% off onto my account for my next purchase. A week later, no label and no confirmation. I was annoyed. I was especially annoyed because the girl on the phone was actually really nice so I didn't want to get mad at her. So exactly a week later I called them back (and talked to another really nice lady) and told them I hadn't heard from them or received the two emails (and package) they told me I'd be getting. Later that day the package arrived at my door with the proper order and no expectations of it arriving that day. I still haven't gotten an email regarding a return label so I guess I also got a new charger. Even though both ladies were nice, I wasn't too thrilled with the mistake and the lack of follow up. I think next time, I'll just go to the store.

I realize this post is much longer than it needed to be so I'll end it here. My next post is something I have been waiting patiently to write about, monthly subscriptions! Yay! So keep an eye out. Until then, have a good week and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment