Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I Win!

Happy October 1st! Happy almost Halloween. Happy, happy!

Today at work we had a health fair with different vendors taking part. The vendors all gave something that could be given as a door prize. For once, I won something! I also won the one prize I was eyeing the whole time.. A set from Nordstrom!


As soon as they called my name, I was so excited! My mom has been having a terrible week so I wanted to give it to her to cheer her up. As soon as I got home and showed her, she asked why I spent money (her favorite thing to ask) before realizing I won it. She was happy but being a mom, told me I should keep it. We argued about who should keep it then just decided to split it up. But I told her I would only keep what she told me to keep and I would not ask for anything.

We opened it up, and this is what's inside. 

2. Absolue Premium Bx Cream - Mom. And to quote her, "You definitely don't need skin firming yet." Ha!
3. Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 - Me. My mom has been telling me to use a moisturizer with sunscreen, so I guess here it is.
4. Absolue Ultimate Night Bx - Mom. "Oh, you don't need this."

5. Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover - Mom. My mother has always lived by this eye makeup remover and coincidentally, she just ran out. This was an automatic. 
6. Hypnôse Drama Mascara - Both. There were two so we each got one.
7. Blush Subtil - Mom. I have enough blush!
8. Color Design Lip, Pink to the Club - Me. My mom said it didn't match her skin tone.
9. Color Design, All in One Palette, Sienna Sultry - Me. I actually wanted to take this one and since my mom doesn't like anything with glitter, I got it.

10. Chanel Allure, 3.4 oz - Me! My mom wasn't crazy about this one, but I was. I liked that it was a lighter sent.

There was also a makeup bag that came with it that was super cute. And since my mom said she has a ton of makeup bags, I got it. Even though the box was basically all Lancôme samples (and a full-size Chanel perfume), I am still very happy with it. I am all about samples! How else will someone know if they like/love something? I want to say a big thank you to Nordstrom for donating this awesome door prize and thank you to the person who pulled my name!

And speaking of boxes, I am still on the Ipsy waiting list! It has been at least three weeks now and I'm still hoping to make it to the October bag. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Talk to you all soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment